VM Scaler integrates with your Azure account using a App registration. Follow the below steps to integrate Azure.
- Navigate to VM Scaler Integrations and click Add Integration.
- Input an Integration Name (i.e.
Azure). From Source, select Azure.
- Navigate to the Azure Active Directory
- Open the App registrations tab and click New registration.
- Enter a Name for the application (i.e.
VM Scaler Integration). Select Accounts in this organizational directory only. Leave Redirect URI empty.
- On the newly created Application page, copy the Application (client) ID and the Directory (tenant) ID and paste them into the VM Scaler New Integration popup.
- Open the Certificates & secrets page on the Application page and click New client secret.
- Input a short description for this secret (i.e.
Provide VM Scaler programmatic access). For Expires, select Never.
- Copy the newly created Client secret and paste it in the VM Scaler application.
- Navigate to Subscriptions and click on the subscription you would like to integrate VM Scaler with.
- Select Access control (IAM) then Add > Add role assignment. For Role, select the role that provides access to the services you will be using. See below for a detailed breakdown. Under Select, choose the name of the Application registration you created before.
- Click Save.
- Navigate back to the VM Scaler application and click Create.
Permissions for Services
Microsoft.Insights/Metrics/Read Microsoft.Insights/MetricDefinitions/Read Microsoft.Insights/Metricnamespaces/Read
Azure Scale Set